- The GB9 season runs from January to December.
- The tour is open to men, ladies and juniors aged 14 and above (including wheelchair players) – Junior, ladies and wheelchair players are discounted.
- GB9 is a an open tour but we offer incentives to players who become full members of the tours and commit to the full season.
- Players joining the tour will pay an annual fee in instalments covering all entry, membership and administration costs for the whole year.
- Non members are able to play at tour stops if there is a spot available. You should join the mailing list to be kept informed.
- There are five tour stops each season, all played in 4 star hotels on the world’s best equipment.
- We play to a pre-published match schedule starting Friday afternoon and finishing on Sunday evening.
- Match times are published before the tournament so you can plan your travel arrangements.
- One main double-elimination event and a separate two-tier Challenge event or double elimination Pro event, depending on your division. Therefore ALL players are guaranteed a minimum of 3 matches.
- The Challenge event tiers will be determined on a per event basis by placing all single event entries above the top ranked players and then splitting the whole field into half. It is therefore beneficial for lower ability players to join the tour and benefit from accruing ranking points. See below for more information.
- Each event is limited to 144 players (128 Challenge and 16 Pro). Priority is given to full members, non-members can enter if there is a spot available.
- In addition to this there will be a midnight flyer after the close of tournament play on Friday and Saturday nights which is open to all players, friends and spectators. (Extra entry fee due).
- All tournaments are seeded offering an added incentive to improve your ranking.
- Prize money is guaranteed based on the number of entries to the event* (*see Prize money for details)
- The ranking and seeding system offer valuable incentives for players of all abilities.
- 144 players
- double elimination to last 32
- Round 1 – Players ranked 33 and below
- Round 2 – Winners of Round 1 + 32 highest ranked players
- 16 players (selected by committee)
- Double elimination to last 8 followed by straight ko
- Max 128 players split into 2 tiers
- Single elimination
- Tiers determined on a per event basis thus:
- We take the current list of players in ranking order (new members with no ranking points will be at the bottom of the list) – For the first event only the current main rankings will be used.
- We add all single event entries to the top of this list
- We split the list exactly in half to give the 2 tiers for that event (If there are an odd number of players then upper tier will have the extra player)
- The points list will reset to zero at the start of the 2014 season, from 2015 onwards we will revert to a rolling 12 month points list.
The Tour Committee reserve the right to amend the format, regulations, match schedule and prize structure at any time without prior notice. However, we do not currently envisage having to make significant changes to these proposals. If we do make any changes we will endeavor to update this website promptly and if it is a significant change we will also make an announcement on the Pro9 website.