GB 9 Ball Tour Privacy Notice
Last updated 22nd October 2018.
This Privacy Notice is meant to aid you in understanding the information we collect, why we collect it, how we use it and how you can update, manage and delete your information. This Privacy Notice applies to the following persons:
- Full tour members
- Single event entrants
- Mailing list requests
- Reserve list requests
Who are we
GB 9 Ball Tour (known in short as GB9) is Britain’s official professional American pool tour, providing a variety of American Pool events across multiple disciplines of the game. In order for these events to be adequately provided, GB9 collect, use and store some personal data.
Security of your data
Keeping your data safe and secure is of the upmost importance to GB9. Being able to collect and use your data allows us to keep track of your membership status, payment information, event results and national ranking, as well as provide other advanced services necessary to running each event.
The Information We Collect
The main source of information we collect is personal information provided by you at the point in which you register for one of our events, or when you ask us to add you to our reserve or distribution lists. This information can include:
- Personal details, such as your name, address, date of birth, email address and phone numbers.
- Your bank details, stored on our internet banking service provided by HSBC.
- Your account information, such as dates of payments you have made, outstanding balances and any special payment arrangements you have made.
- Personal photo taken by our photographer at one of our previous events.
- Historical account information used to ensure outstanding balances are paid and all membership accounts are up to date.
- Tour event results, allowing us to provide historical results for all of the events we have held.
How we use your information
Your information is used to provide a number of services available at GB9 events, this includes services such as:
- Live scoring
- Live streaming – including a personal bio
- Event results
- Ranking lists
- Pre-notification of first round match time
- Personal profile, including name and photo, on table laptops
In addition to this, we will also use your information to communicate information with you about GB9 events and the status of your membership account.
The legal basis
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) set out a number of reasons in which a company may collect and process your personal data. The legal basis for GB9 collecting this data is set out below.
Where you have provided consent
We communicate with you using text messages, messages on social media and email about our events. We may also contact you directly about other, related information where you have selected a box to allow us to do so.
Where there is a legitimate interest
We are required to process your personal data in order to carry out the day to day running of the tour and its events. In these circumstances, processing of personal data can be justified on grounds of legitimate interest.
- To contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information
- To check our membership records are correct and up to date
- To send promotional material in relation to the tour
- To comply with any request made by you in relation to your rights (for example where you have asked us to remove your information from our systems).
- To allow you to post and share information relating to the tour on social media
When we are required to comply with legal obligations
We’ll use your data to comply with our legal obligations, including:
- To ensure the accuracy of the data we hold about you
- To assist HMRC and/or the Police and/or other regulatory bodies in relation to an investigation by a public authority.
Who do we share personal information with?
We will only ever share your personal information if required to do so to comply with our legal obligations (for examples to support a HMRC and/or Police investigation). Outside of this, if we are approached to provide your personal details to a third party, we will only ever do this where you have specifically allowed us to do so in writing.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We keep your personal information as long as you are a member of the tour, or where there is another legitimate interest for us to do so. We keep membership records for 3 years from the end of the year in which they were for, and only keep information beyond this if there are outstanding fees to pay.
Outside of this, your name will be kept on historical results records from previous events indefinitely and will only be removed if you specifically request this from us.
Access to information about you
You have the right to request what personal information we hold about you. This is referred to as a ‘data subject access request’. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we’ve received your request for information.
If any of the information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you can ask us to update or correct it.
Right to stop or limit our processing of your data
You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal information if we’re not entitled to use it any more, to have information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
Where we are required to process data for our legitimate interests (as set out above), you may request that we do not use your information for these purposes. If we agree that your objection is justified in accordance with your rights, we’ll stop using your data for those reasons.
How to contact us
If you want to contact us to opt out of marketing, request details of your personal data or make any other request regarding the information in this privacy notice, please contact us using the form below